Copyright © Wadham School. All rights reserved.
Tel: 01460 270123 Fax: 01460 270124
A Church of England Community School
CONFIRMED CASE OF COVID-19
We can confirm that we have been notified of a single positive case of COVID-19 within our Year 10. Close contacts of the confirmed case, have been provided with public health advice and are self-isolating.
A comprehensive deep clean of the affected areas of the school will be undertaken.
School staff and parents have been provided with public health advice including what to do if someone becomes symptomatic.
Parents have been advised it is not necessary for any other member of the household to self-isolate unless they become symptomatic.
It is also not necessary to arrange for a test unless you are symptomatic.
Public Health England has provided the school with advice on infection prevention and control and staff will continue to reinforce these key messages:
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• Wash your hands as soon as you get home
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.” Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
You can view a copy of the letter sent to parents by clicking on this link